Wing Commander - Privateer Gemini Gold

News Files Images Forum Faq Credits

Forum

posted: 18 Nov 2011, 15:01

...yeah, it's like the 5th time I see this bug, it can happen in every mission where a random upgrade is made on-the-fly, this time it was during one of Monte's missions.

File "C:\Program Files\Privateer\modules\launch.py", line 31, in launch
ship_upgrades.upgradeUnit ( mynew,diffic)
File "C:\Program Files\Privateer\modules\ship_upgrades.py", line 197, in upgradeUnit
basicUnit(un,diff)
File "C:\Program Files\Privateer\modules\ship_upgrades.py", line 160, in basicUnit
UpgradeEngine (un,diff)
File "C:\Program Files\Privateer\modules\ship_upgrades.py", line 115, in UpgradeEngine
temp=un.upgrade (cat,0,0,1,0)
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
podbelski

posted: 21 Nov 2011, 19:49

...my ITTS stopped working again, I tried to damage the radar but it didn't help. Suddenly I found one of my guns' cost were different from others of the same type, I noticed such a thing previously, probably this is a side effect of taking damage. I sold it then bought another one, and ITTS came back to life :-)
podbelski

posted: 29 Nov 2011, 19:05

hey everyone, I've recently discovered this upgrade to the game, gotta say, it's awesome! Very challenging (I still need to get a joystick!). I'm running this on osx and everything seems to work well except for one thing during combat; opponents will kind of become "attached" to my ship, also while facing me, so they can just fire away while I can't turn to face them. Very strange issue, and I didn't find it in the bugs forum here.

Thanks for all your hard work on this one! this game brings me back, and it's especially nice to have some more detailed graphics, they look amazing!

d
danchez

posted: 30 Nov 2011, 13:50

If you can reproduce this grab a screen shot and post it in the vegastrike bugs forum. I don't *think* it is just a GG issue so it will have to be fixed engine side I think.. head on over to http://forums.vega-strike.org

You will also want to report any bugs not directly related to privateer features as well.
pheonixstorm

posted: 30 Nov 2011, 22:29

danchez wrote:...except for one thing during combat; opponents will kind of become "attached" to my ship, also while facing me, so they can just fire away while I can't turn to face them. Very strange issue, and I didn't find it in the bugs forum here..

I think it's not a bug, it's an AI feature :-)

Enemies are better here than in original Priv, so they will try to go around to your tail... against faster ships, I think it's really hard to counter.

Personally, I don't have such a problem, b/c I play with "Shelton slide" feature turned on. Really recommend it
podbelski

posted: 01 Dec 2011, 05:45

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh199/thedirtydanchez/Screenshot2011-11-30at113823PM.png

caught a quick image of the bug. the gothri was pointed at me, and as I spun it stayed in that position and spun around with me. Rather annoying, wish I could attach myself to them!
danchez

posted: 06 Dec 2011, 17:33

sometimes you can see they do it to each other, like Kilrathi vs Hunters etc. They just try to use technical advantage where it's possible.

If you turn around faster then they do, they stop chasing you and try to fly away, then make another heads-on attack.

Why do you think it's a bug?
podbelski

posted: 07 Dec 2011, 14:03

Why do you think it's a bug?

because no matter where/how fast I turned my ship to face them, the enemy ship would be "stuck" to that part of my ship, almost as if the front of their ship had become attached to mine (typically the back/side). Nothing I did would shake them, not shelton, not afterburners, nothing. It seems that it only did that on my mac, however, and I've switched over to my PC without trouble.

Thanks for your help
danchez

posted: 21 Dec 2011, 04:40

Somewhat related...just finished Masterson's last mission (RF) and noticed a Paradigm fly through Oxford with all guns blazing, in opposite directions, with no enemies in sight. I regularly see merchants and bounty hunters still fire away into the black once enemies are destroyed.
D3m0n

posted: 04 Jan 2012, 12:21

I was surprised to see that noone noticed the following issue. It is not a bug, just an issue.

The program works great on my macbook with MacOSX Lion (10.7.2). However due to apple dropping rosetta in their latest os, I cannot run the configuration program to ... configure the game. I believe that should be fixed?

Any idea how to get around that in the meantime?
escozul

PreviousNext

Return to New Detroit Com Link