Wing Commander - Privateer Gemini Gold

News Files Images Forum Faq Credits

Forum

posted: 21 Jan 2012, 16:03

I see over on the vegastrike site they've posted a bug fix (revision # 13302):

Issue #3473367: Damage report still shows thrusters and friends as
damaged after basic repair.

Just wondering if maybe one of the developers could take a look and see if that fix could/should be applied to GG?
Kenner

posted: 08 Feb 2012, 19:50

Dear podbelski

Thought I would just drop by and say what an absolute champion you are (and the others involved in dev and bug fixing) for continuing to support such an old project and keep it going, even if in very small increments at a time!

Thought I would just encourage you to keep on going (when you find snippets of time of course) and that there are those of us out there that really appreciate all the hard work you are continuing to invest in GG.

Thanks so much!
MasterWandu

posted: 12 Apr 2012, 08:30

Thanks to all developers for this game.
Just in case somebody is still working on the project and doing bugfixes and improvements. I just got a grip on why the itts diamond symbol was always staying at the center of the selected ship: When buying a new radar or reloading/restarting a saved game the itts somehow seems to attach itself to the tractor beam (and because of the very high speed of the tractor beam the symbol becomes centered) . Selling and rebuying a gun fixes the problem most of the time (kind of expensive depending on the gun). Selling the tractor beam, saving and then reloading the game also fixes it (bye-bye rescue missions). Buying the tractor beam again attaches the itts to it again.
Any other suggestions how to fix the problem?
I just saw in the vega strike forum somebody worked on the itts to attach it to each gun so depending on the speed of the installed and activated guns several symbols appear (as I understood it). Can this be implemented in GG?
dee22

posted: 15 Apr 2012, 11:39

@Master: glad you like it!
don't have much on my todo list, just a couple of minor tweaks which I probably go for someday, really minor. Everything more complex exceeds my programming skills and time I have :-(

@dee:
yeah sick bug, can't see how can I help...
podbelski1

posted: 20 Apr 2012, 03:10

dee22 wrote:...Selling and rebuying a gun fixes the problem most of the time (kind of expensive depending on the gun)...

Hmmm, interesting. I don't know how to fix that, but I do have a workaround for the losing money problem. You can go to the old Vegastrike store (mouse down in the lower right-hand corner of the repair shop screen) and sell your radar, then exit the Vegastrike store and sell the radar again in the repair shop. Buy a new radar and you should be money ahead. Depending on the value of the radar that should recoup some or all of the credits lost on trading in your old guns for new ones.

In my case, I sell 4 Tachyon cannon and then sell my B&S Omni twice (once in each shop), then I buy 4 Tachyon cannon and a new B&S Omni. That leaves me about 15,000 cr ahead, so I sell and re-buy my jump drive 3 times and that is about break-even. I haven't tried selling other stuff in the old store, so maybe you could double-sell something less expensive than the Omni and not have to worry about making money on the deal.
ADStryker

posted: 20 Aug 2012, 23:56

Dear Creators,

thank You very much for the amount of work You did to revive memories. I played original games and I also played Your version 1.01 or 1.02 (some time ago) with no problems.

I recently installed this 1.03 version on a laptop (Win XP) that never seen previous versions before and I can run it properly until I start from the first base. After I select a destination (usually Helen base) and hit "A" the game hangs and stays that way. If I do not hit autopilot button, the game hangs anyway, usually after about 10 - 15 seconds of flight.

I tried reconfiguring myfirewall, I also tried to reinstall C++ libraries. I was fiddling with game settings as well but all to no avail - the game keeps hanging after I start from the base.

Has any one of You Gentlemen encountered this issue? Is there anything else I could do? I really miss the experience.

Best regards

Krzysztof
Kret

posted: 25 Oct 2012, 21:11

probably I can't help with this, don't have this bug...
anyway, do you play with or without my pack installed?
podbelski

posted: 26 Oct 2012, 08:04

Don't know if this has been mentioned before; with 15 pages of bug reports I suppose it's quite likely, but anyway...

Currently playing 1.03 with Podbelski's tweak pack. I've noticed that sometimes after jumping to another system, the textures on the ships disappear. They become a uniform dark brown or even dark grey. Is this a known bug? Has it been fixed in SVN?
HerrKoos

posted: 26 Oct 2012, 08:37

HerrKoos,

I haven't seen this...
podbelski

posted: 26 Oct 2012, 08:43

podbelski wrote:HerrKoos,

I haven't seen this...

It's not related to your tweak pack, I've noticed it on vanilla 1.03 as well. Point is that whatever changes you made have not solved this one yet.

It's difficult to pin down. You can sometimes make several jumps without it happening, but once it does occur, exiting and restarting the game is the only way to fix it.
HerrKoos

PreviousNext

Return to New Detroit Com Link