Wing Commander - Privateer Gemini Gold

News Files Images Forum Faq Credits

Forum

posted: 21 Oct 2016, 05:14

What are the system requirements or recommendations for running Wing Commander IV on MS-DOS?

I found them on MobyGames!

What I am missing are the requirements for the single sided DVD version of Wing Commander IV, not the interactive 2 sided DVD.

I am interested in the details of the DVD interactive version of Wing Commander IV.

I have been assured that this version of Wing Commander originally shipped with the Creative Dxr2 card and it works properly on that card, with the correct aspect ratio for the cinematics.

Does this game work correctly on the Creative Dxr3 card?

I also heard that the game will work correctly with OEM DVD-video playback software from Mediamatics installed on the machine. Can anyone confirm this?

What I really wish is if this game could send its Dolby Digital 5.1 sound out the S/PDIF of a soundcard, not a DVD decoder card. Any soundcard will do.
Trevor

posted: 27 Oct 2016, 21:26

This is not really the right place to ask these questions. This site is for the Privateer Gemini Gold game, which is a faithful remake of the old Privateer game. If you have any questions about other games in the Wing Commander universe, I would suggest going to:

http://www.wcnews.com/

It's the most comprehensive source of information about all official Wing Commander games. There is information there about the requirements for WC 4.
Kenner

Return to New Detroit Com Link