Wing Commander - Privateer Gemini Gold

News Files Images Forum Faq Credits

Forum

posted: 23 Aug 2016, 20:36

As I've been playing this very recently and have been asking questions and noticing problems (crashes, pirate bases not selling contraband) But I'm not sure who if anyone is still working on any of the privateer projects out there, or even what really is the best version, so that I could try to help or at least follow any remaining development Any advice?
Rytho

posted: 23 Aug 2016, 22:31

This particular project, and the related Vegastrike project, are pretty much dead. The original developer here (John Cordell) was satisfied with where he got the project to, and indicated years ago that was it in terms of development. In fact, I'm not sure he's even logged in over the last number of years. Podbelski has created a user developed patch that addresses some issues, and he may be interested in some of the problems you have noticed, but I'll leave it up to him to pursue that. Not much any of us can do about any crashes however. Sorry about that.

In terms of which is the best version, I'm not going there. :D That was the last big flame war, and it's best left in the past. This version is playable, and others are if you can still find them. They just have different gameplay. Which version is best is a personal opinion.

Finally, it's just my personal opinion, but I think that the reason a lot of these privateer projects have stalled is the number of commercial projects similar to Privateer that have emerged over the last few years, such as Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, Starpoint Gemini 2, etc.
Kenner

posted: 25 Aug 2016, 22:37

hi, at least pirate bases are fixed in the tweak pack of mine, it's easy to find at the forum. I'm not sure what other problems you are talking about...
podbelski

Return to New Detroit Com Link