Wing Commander - Privateer Gemini Gold

News Files Images Forum Faq Credits

Forum

posted: 25 May 2016, 17:10

Osamandius wrote:I Thought it would be great to have jump points to other sectors. Maybe make them yellow.

More, Later
Osamandius

Great idea! I also think so!
kolivansemen

posted: 02 Jan 2017, 21:26

I have always been a huge fan of this game, personally I don't think there are any that have brought as much fun as this one. Will look into other games for those who think so.

But I was wondering if anyone has thought of looking into crowd funding a remake of the game? That seems to be the way many games, movies and many other things are getting done these days. I noticed in an earlier post that it was mentioned there have been many thousands of downloads for the game, I wonder how many would donate to have a updated version of the game created?

I'm not sure what the cost would be to make it so, maybe someone here would have a better idea? That and I'm not sure how to go about getting a dedicated team of programmers and designers to sit down and recreate the game. But it would be an incredible endeavour to see this brought back on current engines, with an expanded universe and in-depth glossary of items, weapons, and characters.

Just a thought, but something that I think could be done if the right group of people could pitch this to the right people and make it happen. Always figured if I won the lotto this would be something I would see done. Who knows, maybe it will be. What are your thoughts?
Xyredus

Previous

Return to New Detroit Com Link