Wing Commander - Privateer Gemini Gold

News Files Images Forum Faq Credits

Forum

posted: 01 Oct 2013, 06:38

I was experimenting with editing my Saved Game files for my Ship and I found out something.
If you change some of the parameters that are NOT part of the (yourship).begin record in the units.csv file (such as shield parameters and hull parameters as examples) then the next time you save the game the program will overwrite those parameters with the values from the units.csv file.

For instance, if you want to change the Shield Recharge value for shield_2_Level2__upgrades from 0.39 to 0.09, then if you change it in your Saved Games ship file it will be reset back to 0.39 the next time you save the Game.
The only way to make it permanent (as best I guess) would be to change the actual value in the shield_2_Level2__upgrades record in the units.csv file but then I am guessing that you would also be giving the same advantage to your other faction's ships who happen to have shield_2_Level2 shields (unless the other faction's ships all have their own parameters for shields - which I doubt.

So it looks to me that there are limited advantages that you can give yourself.
Am I correct?

Paul
PaulB

posted: 08 Feb 2017, 21:21

I cannot save a .csv file at all, let alone modify an existing file in either Excel or Notepad. How do you do it ?
Toymakerkarl

Return to New Detroit Com Link