Wing Commander - Privateer Gemini Gold

News Files Images Forum Faq Credits

Forum

posted: 30 Sep 2011, 11:34

Hey guys,

I see the game is in sort of "abaddoned" state, with a slim chance of further development in the future. But the forum leaves a feeling someone is still playing for his own fun maybe I don't know...

I'm going to tweak some game files for myself, like weapons.xml, commodities and some other, always wanted to do this badly and finally I have a chance :)

I want to ask everybody to share any interesting customizations they have, will be checking this thread.
podbelski

posted: 01 Oct 2011, 21:37

Ok does anyone know how to alter commodities prices?

I see two files with relevant info:
\master_part_list.csv
\units\cargo.csv

when I change a price value I'm not sure what's happening, at least not that I expect/understand. Also, the prices are volatile yet I can't see how to set min/max cost values...

Will be glad to hear some explanations
podbelski

posted: 02 Oct 2011, 15:36

... that does not make any sense, looks like there is no chance I can do anything to commodities prices :-(

E.g. I specify the exact same price for Grain for all planets, in "cargo.csv": 20.
I leave "master_part_list.csv" w/o changes. So I expect:
1) grain price should be "20" or very close to it on all planets
2) if the price is totally different from "20", then again there should be no fluctuations between planets...

Then I launch the game, and find to my amusement:
Agricultural planet, the price is "10"
Mining base, the price is "31"

How the hell this is possible?
podbelski

posted: 03 Oct 2011, 19:29

... I'm almost ready to give out my customization files, quite a lot of changes there, all of them are very good :)

I haven't fully playtested Plasmagun and Ion cannon yet, especially in combo with Centurion fighting 2nd part of the campaign. Also, haven't looked at Steltek gun at all and a Fusion cannon probably has room for tweaks... have to finish campaign first (I'm right ready for Masterson missions atm).

So I'm kinda not sure what to do... my first intention is to test everything out myself until I'm 100% satisfied, and only then share. On the other hand, I'm sure my tweaks can give a game another chance to be played by people, so maybe someone wants to try it as a betatester. This can also help me polish everything faster.

In short, these things are somehow affected:
1) all guns
2) missiles
3) enemies ships armament and cargo
4) prices on all equipment

I wanted to rebalance commodities but have no chance to do it, afterall they are almost satisfactory.
podbelski

posted: 07 Oct 2011, 17:06

ok I'll finish off Righteous Fire first, then upload final version of changed files...
podbelski

Return to New Detroit Com Link